Sunday 11 May 2014

Check out MY wide ones.. Claires that is

Now if there are not wide enough for anything, I don't know what is.
They are an experiment, as you can guess. I almost have the fit perfect for the Claire shorts so I wanted to see if I could use them as a base pattern for longer trousers. I used the pattern bit I'd adjusted for the flowery shorts though I think I'll need to undo the addition of fabric to the back and add even more depth to the crotch as they still dig in a bit.
I just lengthened the legs without tapering or widening in any way. They turned out quite special, huh?
I styled them here with a flowery top from BHS which I'd packed away for the winter and was SO happy to find again this spring. There are definite benefits to rotating my wardrobe according to seasons!

Go this shoot, Mia decided to come and play too:
 Not for long though:
So.. what do you think? Too wide? Just wide enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment